Poonam Vohra, MD
Research and Clinical Interests
My clinical interest is mainly in breast pathology and cytopathology including exfoliative and aspiration cytology. I perform and interpret fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsies. I am also actively involved in general pathology sign out. My research interests include the areas of cytology and breast pathology. I am performing a large retrospective study which includes correlation of immunohistochemical techniques between FNAB cytology and histology and molecular events in breast neoplasia.
- Rabban JT, Vohra P, Zaloudek CJ. Nongynecologic Metastases to Fallopian Tube Mucosa: A Potential Mimic of Tubal High-grade Serous Carcinoma and Benign Tubal Mucinous Metaplasia or Nonmucinous Hyperplasia.Am J Surg Pathol. 2014 Jul 14. [Epub ahead of print]
- Krings G, Nystrom M, Mehdi I, Vohra P, Chen YY. Diagnostic utility and sensitivities of GATA3 antibodies in triple-negative breast cancer. Hum Pathol. 2014 Nov;45(11):2225-32. Epub 2014 Jul 17.
- Kohi MP, Brasic N, Vohra P, Price ER, Joe BN. Breast metastasis from testicular leiomyosarcoma. Breast J. 2013 May-Jun; 19(3):336-7. PMID: 23600884
- Poonam Vohra, Britt-Marie Ljung, Theodore Miller, Shelley Hwang, Annemieke VanZante. 2011. Paget's disease of the breast masquerading as squamous cell carcinoma on cytology: A case report. Diagnostic Cytopathol.2012 Nov;40(11):1015-8.
- Sloar M, Vohra P, Prasad M, Fischer A, Quinlan R, Khan A. 2009. Insulin-like growth factor mRNA binding protein 3 (IMP3) is differentially expressed in benign and malignant follicular patterned thyroid tumors. Endocr Pathol. 20:149-57.
- Di Lu, Poonam Vohra, Peigou G. Chu, Bruce Woda,Kenneth L. Rock, Zhong Jiang 2009.An Oncofetal Protein IMP3, A New Molecular Marker for the Detection of Esophageal Adenocarcinoma and High Grade Dysplasia. American journal of Surgical Pathology. 33: 521-5.
- Ashraf Khan, Poonam Vohra, Robert F. Quinlan. 2007. The Role Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in the Management of Breast Cancer. A review article. Journal of Indian association of pathologists and microbiologists.50:261-9.
- Tarik Tihan, Poonam Vohra, Mitchel S Berger and G Evren Keles. 2006. Definition and diagnostic implications of gemistocytic astrocytomas: a pathological perspective. J Neurooncol. 76:175-83.
- Assistant Professor Step II
- Breast Pathology and Cytopathology
- Phone: (415) 206-6777
- Pager: (415) 443-5700
- Fax: (415) 206- 5988
- Dept. of Pathology
- Mission Bay and SFGH
- 1001 Potrero Avenue
- Building 3, Room 103
- San Francisco, CA 94110
- Mission Bay
- San Francisco General