Ryan M. Gill, MD, PhD
Research and Clinical Interests
Medical liver disease, liver transplantation, inflammatory bowel disease, liver/GI neoplasia, and lymphoma diagnosis, prognosis, and molecular treatment targets.
- Gill RM, O’Donnell R, Horvai A. Utility of Immunohistochemistry for Endothelial Markers in Distinguishing Epithelioid Hemangioendothelioma From Carcinoma Metastatic to Bone. Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, 133 967-972, 2009.
- Hunt JS, Pace JL, Gill RM. Immunoregulatory Molecules in Human Placentas: Potential for Diverse Roles in Pregnancy. International Journal of Developmental Biology, 54(2-3):457-467, 2010.
- Gill RM, Ferrell LD. Vanishing bile duct syndrome associated with peripheral T-cell lymphoma arising in a post-transplant setting. Hepatology, 5(15):1856-1857, 2010.
- Gill RM, Belt P, Wilson L, Bass NM, Ferrell LD. Centrizonal Arteries and Microvessels in Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis. American Journal of Surgical Pathology, 35(9):1400-4, 2011.
- Gill RM and Kakar S. Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis: an update on diagnostic challenges. Surgical Pathology Clinics, 6(2):227-257, 2013.
- Gill RM and Kakar SK. Chapter 36: Non-Neoplastic Liver Disease (2015), in S.E. Mllls. Sternberg's Diagnostic Surgical Pathology (6th edition, 1663-1703), Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Ferrell LD, Gill RM, and Geisinger KR. Neoplasms and Tumor-Like Conditions of the Liver (2015), In Wick M, Livolsi V, Pfeifer J, Stelow E, Wakely P (eds). Silverberg's Principles and Practice of Surgical Pathology and Cytopathology (5th edition), in press for May 2015.
- Associate Professor in Pathology
- Associate Director of Surgical Pathology
- Surgical Pathology
Surgical Pathology, Liver & GI Pathology, Hematopathology, Placental Pathology
- Phone: (415) 476-3212
- Pager: (415) 443-8111
- Fax: (415) 353-1200
- UCSF Department of Pathology
- 505 Parnassus Avenue
- Room M-559, Box 0102
- San Francisco, CA 94143-0102
- UCSF Medical Center
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital