Rageshree Ramachandran, MD, PhD
Research and Clinical Interests
My clinical work is in diagnostic surgical pathology with an emphasis on liver and gastrointestinal disease. My current research focus is on markers expressed by hepatocellular carcinoma versus tumors metastatic to the liver. In the education realm, I oversee pathology curriculum for first- and second-year UCSF medical students, direct the Path 150.03 senior medical student elective, and advise the Pathology Student Interest Group.
- Behrends M, Martinez-Palli G, Niemann CU, Cohen S, Ramachandran R, Hirose R. Acute hyperglycemia worsens hepatic ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. J Gastrointest Surg. 2010 Mar;14(3):528-535.
- Xiao TZ, Singh K, Dunn E, Ramachandran R, Cowan MJ. T and B cell immunity can be reconstituted with mismatched hematopoietic stem cell transplantation without alkylator therapy in Artemis-deficient mice using anti-NK antibody and photochemically-treated sensitized donor T Cells. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2012 Feb;18(2):200-209.
- Ashouri J, Davis J, Farkas A, Durack J, Ramachandran R, Dall'Era M. A young woman with systemic lupus erythematosus and extensive mesenteric vasculitis involving small and medium vessels. Arthritis Care and Research. 2012 Dec;64(12):1928-1933.
- Singh A, Mahadevan U, Ramachandran R, Velayos F. Heterotopic gastric mucosa mimicking rectal neplasm on colonoscopy (Image of the month). American Journal of Gastroenterology. (Accepted.)
- Krings G, Ramachandran R, Jain D, Wu TT, Yeh MM, Torbenson M, Kakar S. Immunohistochemical pitfalls and the importance of glypican 3 and arginase in the diagnosis of scirrhous hepatocellular carcinoma. Modern Pathology. 2013 Jan 25 (Epub ahead of print).
- Assistant Professor
- Director of Medical Education
- Surgical Pathology
- Liver and Gastrointestinal Pathology
- Phone: 415-476-1194
- Pager: 415-443-8722
- Fax: 415-476-4666
- 513 Parnassus Avenue
- Room S-564A, Box 0102
- San Francisco, CA 94143-0102
Other UCSF Organizational Association(s)
- UCSF Essential Core Course Committee
- UCSF Integrated Curriculum Steering Committee